Home » , » Domino + J.Crew = Uber Chic Party

Domino + J.Crew = Uber Chic Party

Domino magazine hosted a private little soiree last night at the new J.Crew Collection boutique at 79th and Madison to honor their November 2008 cover girl and J.Crew Creative Director Jenna Lyons and the launch of their new Domino Book of Decorating. I can honestly say that it was bananas! (I already miss Rachel Zoe!) The store is beyond chic with vintage art and books mingled among the Collection clothes and accessories. The dressing rooms are painted grey and pink and the store even has an amazing Serge Mouille chandelier!

The guests were also chic and cool. Jenna Lyons set the tone in a fabulous gold dress and grey tights with multiple necklaces. She held court with the Chairman & CEO Mickey Drexler, who I am sad to say I didn't get to meet. I wanted to ask him if a home line is in the works! Katie Lee Joel caused quite a stir when she arrived in wool hot pants, tights and 5 inch heels...and on the coldest day of the year no less! She's makes me never want to eat again! Anyway, super sibling blogging duo Hollister and Porter Hovey were also in attendance, as was the always dapper John Derain. Fashion designer Chris Benz made an appearance too. He used to work for J.Crew and Marc Jacobs. Talk about talented! It was nice to finally meet Pierre Frey, the grandson of THE Pierre Frey, since I actually wrote about him in The Next Generaton story for Domino. And I'm so glad that I was able to catch up with uber-talented photographer Matt Albiani, who is really good friends with my old roommate from Boston. Small world! Hopefully, we can collaborate on a future blog post. Stay tuned! I also met Lauren Bush who couldn't be nicer! She has a new fashion line coming out called Lauren Pierce.

And of course, the talented and lovely staff of Domino magazine were all in attendance. Deborah Needleman is one of the nicest editors I've ever met! The best part of the evening was that they actually gave each guest a copy of the Domino: The Book of Decorating! How chic is that?! I don't think I've ever been to a book party that actually gave away the book! Thanks to Domino and J. Crew for a fabulous party! And to my wonderful friend Kelly Reynolds of Carleton V and Dorothy Draper who is always the chicest party companion! XOXO!

0 comments:

Post a Comment