Home » , , » Kelly Wearstler at Home

Kelly Wearstler at Home

Christian May of Maison21 was the first person last week to guess that it is Ms. Wearstler's home that is featured in the new October 2009 issue of Vogue so he gets a gold star. Today I just noticed that Vogue.com has posted a few photos from Francois Halard that never made it into the magazine. Some rooms are a little more brown than I was expecting but I wonder how much of that was original to the home which was designed by architect James Dolena in the 1930's. The house was previously owned by many Hollywood actors as well as Cubby Brocolli, the James Bond producer.

I was just talking to a friend about Kelly Wearstler last night. We both agreed that she seems to take more risks in her own homes than she does for her clients and that not everyone seems to get it. As I always say, there is no right or wrong in decorating and I applaud her for thinking outside the box. If we all had the same style, the world would be a very boring place!





Photos by Francois Halard for Vogue

0 comments:

Post a Comment