Home » , , , » Hotel Prince de Conti, Paris

Hotel Prince de Conti, Paris

A couple of readers who are planning trips to Paris themselves asked me about our hotel so here's a look at the Hotel Prince de Conti. We actually stayed in two hotels so I'll review them separately since they are located in different areas. I had a lot of suggestions from friends on where to stay in Paris and my friend Eleanor who is the Public Relations Director of Teen Vogue actually referred us to the Hotel Prince de Conti. I always trust her judgement but what sold me on the hotel was the location. It is close to everything including the Louvre, the Seine, the Pont Neuf and all of wonderful art galleries and shops in Saint Germain and more importantly, a Laduree on rue Bonaparte!

The hotel only has 26 rooms and we splurged on one of the Superior rooms. If you are traveling alone or don't mind a little togetherness with your traveling companion, they have smaller and less expensive rooms as well as off season specials.

I joked before the trip that all I wanted was my own little twin bed and what we got instead were two twin beds made up as one. We pretty much passed out the minute our heads hit the pillow anyway so it didn't really matter! It was a cute room though!

We had room 41 on the 4th floor which we loved until the elevator broke. The only other hitch was that the woman who checked us in clearly stated that breakfast was included and when we checked out, we found out that it was not. If you decide to stay here, just make sure you clarify this issue first since there are a lot of great places to eat in the neighborhood for probably less than they charged us.

We did have a great view though! Our room looked out on the back of the Monnaie de Paris located on the Quai Conti and the Institut de France to which the dome belongs. I think I'm going to buy myself a book on the architecture of Paris so I can learn more about these gorgeous buildings and all the others we saw on our trip!

We couldn't have dreamed up a better location to stay during the first three days of our trip! We were able to walk everywhere and see all the sights as well as enjoy the comforts of the Saint Germain neighborhood and 6th arrondissement! I think any of my readers would be happy at this hotel...as long as the elevator is working of course!

0 comments:

Post a Comment