Home » » Six Degrees

Six Degrees

I had a bunch of fun stuff to write about and couldn't wait to post about them all separately so I've compiled them all here. I couldn't think what to name it though until I realized that they could probably all be linked in some way like Six Degrees of Separation. No matter what it's named, I hope you enjoy it.

Speaking of names, how could I not love a band above named Chester French after the famous sculptor Daniel Chester French. You may have already heard one of their most popular songs, She Loves Everybody, on Entourage. They also happen to be 21-year old Harvard educated rockers. Not something you hear everyday. They remind me of every cute preppy I ever dated and although I fear that maybe I'm a bit too old to have a crush on them and their music, I'll play Demi to their Ashton any day. I might also like them just because of their cheekily titled song The Jimmy Choo's. I guarantee you're going to be hearing more from these boys now that they graduated and signed with Pharrell Williams's record label.

Pharrell Williams also happens to be friends with Marc Jacobs who is the subject of a somewhat new documentary, Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton, by Loic Prigent who was granted unprecedented access to one of the world's hottest and busiest designers. You can also play spot the celebrity as you watch it as many of Marc's famous friends like Sophia Coppola, Victoria Beckham, Catherine Deneuve, and many others make appearances. The DVD has been on sale at Collette in Paris but will be released in the US on February 26th. It will also be broadcast on the Sundance Channel in February. I'll keep you posted as to the exact date.

I'm not exactly sure if Marc Jacobs is friends with Sohie Dahl but I can imagine it's possible since she used to model. They were also both featured in the book Rare Birds but in April, Ms. Dahl will have her own book published entitled Playing with the Grown-ups. Vogue calls the book “A poetic love story…part Love in a Cold Climate, part Edith Sitwell and part any one of her grandfather Roald Dahl’s books.” With a pedigree like hers, I think we can safely assume that it might be worth checking out.

Now this one is harder. Best I can come up with is that everyone's favorite artist, Elliott Puckette is married to the artist Hugo Guinness who is British just like Sophie Dahl. If anyone can make a better connection, feel free to let me know. Anyway, Ms. Puckette/Mrs. Guinness is having an exhibition at the Paul Kasmin Gallery beginning January 24th, that I for one am definitely excited to check out. The images aren't up on the site yet so it will be interesting to see what she's been up to and if she's been experimenting with her style at all.

This one is much easier. Elliott Puckette is also represented by Danziger Projects and so is Scott Schuman, otherwise known as The Sartorialist who will be having his own exhibition this month at Danziger. The Sartorialist has to be one of the most popular blogs of all time and it will be fun to see his images printed out and displayed instead of on the computer monitor.

On a funny note, Danziger Gallery was founded by James Danziger who is married to Lucy Danziger, the editor-in-chief of Self magazine and their summer home was featured in the May 2007 issue of Domino magazine where their Elliott Puckette painting was on display on the mantle. I think my work here is done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment