Home » » Ahoy Matey! There Be Pirates Ahead!

Ahoy Matey! There Be Pirates Ahead!

As a jaded New Yorker, my sense of price can sometimes be skewed. I'm constantly surrounded my expensive stores and objects but today I almost fell off my chair when I found out that Red Beard's Revenge Pirate Ship Playhouse available from Posh Tots and seen on Style.com costs $52,000! Yes, I said $52,000!

It is handcrafted and made to order, I'll give them that. And I guess if you are a billionaire and your children already have everything they could ever desire, why not buy them their own pirate ship. It is pretty cool. But the rest of me can't help but think that this thing costs more than most cars! What ever happened to creating a make believe pirate ship with a cardboard box and an old sheet?

It's things like this, in addition to sitting around in front of video games and the computer, that make me worry about the youth of America. What do you think? Is it fabulous or freaky?

0 comments:

Post a Comment