Home » , , , » Pierre Frey in New York

Pierre Frey in New York

When I returned from Paris, I ran into Pierre Frey (the grandson of THE Pierre Frey) at a party and told him that I can't believe he chooses to live in New York when he could be living in the most gorgeous city in the world! He actually only lives here half the year but that didn't stop him from setting up a home that reflects his family heritage.

The apartment was originally shot for Domino but we all know what happened there so it ended up being published in the October 2009 issue of New York Spaces magazine.

Pierre chose a Nolita loft where he could mix industrial and traditional pieces. This 25 drawer piece was bought from the loft's previous owners and hold fabric samples as well as clothing.

Of course, Pierre Frey fabrics on are full display such as on this screen that hides the kitchen.

It's clear that wherever Pierre hangs his hat is home! Personally, I would rather hang my hat in Paris so maybe I can convince him to let me live in his Paris apartment while he is in New York!


Photos by Paul Costello

0 comments:

Post a Comment