I Wish!

A few people emailed me today about the story in the New York Times that announced that the "FTC will require that writers on the Web clearly disclose any freebies or payments they get from companies for reviewing their products." All I can say is that I wish companies were sending me freebies or paying me! Rizzoli sends me and every other blogger advance copies of books to review but that's about it. I can tell you that Farrow & Ball did not pay me to co-host their party or give me anything free. I use their products and was happy to support them! I always write about products that I have bought myself and love, stores I shop regularly for my clients or have just opened, or things that I wish I could buy. The amount of work that I do for free is actually quite ridiculous. I also think you know by now that I barely post any of the PR pitches that are sent to me because my blog is my baby and I enjoy controlling the content. That being said, if anyone would like to send me some free stuff, I don't know, maybe a Chanel purse or something from Lanvin, I would completely disclose it and write about whatever you want! Oh, and I wear a size 37 in Louboutins!

Photo by Annie Leibowitz for Vogue

0 comments:

Post a Comment