Home » , , » Chic Style Icon: Tory Burch

Chic Style Icon: Tory Burch

The label style icon gets bandied about a lot but it's usually only reserved for stylish ladies who are no longer with us such as Jackie Kennedy, Babe Paley, Slim Keith and the Duchess of Windsor. I was thinking recently about who would be considered modern day style icons. I decided that all celebrities would be excluded since they only look good when they have a style SWAT team dressing them for the red carpet. I also feel that anyone who's ever slipped their feet into Uggs should automatically be excluded from the list. It seems that most of the women that I could think of lived in New York and would be considered socialites. Maybe they are so stylish because they grew up with stylish parents. One of the ladies who is the top of my style icon list is Tory Burch. She mentions all the time how her fashion label was inspired by the chic outfits her parents wore in the 1960's and it's clear that their style rubbed off on her.

She wears a wide variety of designers but she always looks like herself and never like she's wearing a costume. I don't think I've ever seen her wear the same thing twice but I'm sure she does but just changes it with different jewelry and accessories so no one notices. Ever since she started dating record label CEO Lyor Cohen, her style has become a little more downtown and less uptown ladies who lunch. It's been fun to watch her style evolve. And don't even get me started on her hair! If anyone knows what products she uses to achieve that shine, please let me know! She's inspiring from head to toe and definitely gets my vote for style icon status!

















Photos from Style.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment