Home » » A Few of My Favorite Things: Winter Edition

A Few of My Favorite Things: Winter Edition

There was such a great response to my Favorite Things post from the Fall that I would create a new one for Winter. It also seems like perfect timing considering the ice storms in the Midwest and the snow we are supposed to receive tomorrow in New York. I thought it could also serve as a mini gift guide since I never had the time to write a full one. Maybe some of my favorite things will become some of yours!


I tried for a long time to not jump on the Creme de la Mer bandwagon but I guarantee once you've tried it, you will become I convert too! It really is the most fabulous skin cream ever created. I've always had great skin but now I have gorgeous skin! I'm going to buy the eye cream next. Wrinkles be damned!

If there is one product that is pure indulgence, it's Laura Mercier's line of bath and body products. I love using the ladies lounge on the beauty floor of Bergdorf's because they stock it with all of her products. The Creme Brulee scent is my all time favorite. It's almost good enough to eat! I will warn you that I didn't love the Chocolate scent so much. Funny considering how much I love to eat it. There are also some great gift sets available now if you want to indulge someone else this holiday!

There is nothing worse than dry flaky skin in the winter but moisturizing it alone is not the answer. You must exfoliate and Kiehl's has one that will appeal to men and woman. Their Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Body Polish smells amazing but it also leaves your skin silky smooth. Kiehl's never tests on animals so your PETA friends will love it too!



After you exfoliate, you should always moisturize and Kiehl's Creme de Corps is the Rolls Royce of body cremes. I love it so much, I buy the large pump size but it's worth it since I have never had dry skin. Treat yourself. You're worth it!


I hate winter. There I said it. I feel like I'm allowed to hate it since I lived in Boston for many years. I'm honestly not quite sure how I survived. I might have enjoyed it more had I known about Hot Chillys. In order to wear my cute little outfits and walk around without getting hypothermia, I will add a base layer from their Peppers Collection. But they make products for all levels of warmth and performance. It's perfect for fashionistas and hard-core athletes. Now there's two types of people you'd ever suspect of having anything in common. Who knew?!

I don't care if you're a size 2 or a 12, everyone wants to look thinner. There is also nothing worse than saggy tights. Spanx has solved both of these problems. Gotta love that! They stay put, they create a smooth line and keep you warm. And we know how much I hate to be cold! Buying Spanx also let's you support a woman owned business. Beth Blake's success story should be an inspiration to any woman with a dream. Carpe Diem!

Anyone who's ever lived in a New York apartment with steam heat knows how toasty warm they can get but I'm not complaining. There is nothing I love more than free heat! But for those rare occassions when the heat's not on, I wear my Banana Republic Cashmere Chalet Slippers. They are soft and warm and actually quite chic. They are also on sale now! Woo hoo! Buy a pair for yourself and as a gift. Your feet will thank you!

If none of those other things are enough to warm you up, why not check out Town and Country Travel Magazine and pick out a tropical destination and book yourself a trip, 'cause baby it's cold outside!

0 comments:

Post a Comment