Home » , » "Oh Lord, Won’t You Buy Me a Mercedes Benz"

"Oh Lord, Won’t You Buy Me a Mercedes Benz"

Every time I leave The Other Room, a cute little bar on Perry Street, I pass by Cooper Classics Collection and drool at the classic cars inside. I finally remembered to Google them this weekend and found out that they have a lot of great classic cars for sale. I dream of driving out to The Hamptons in a cute little Mercedes convertible and Cooper has many to choose from including the very expensive 1971 Mercedes-Benz 280SE pictured above. Good thing I'm not a fan of the olive green color since it's 170,000!

This fabulous plum colored 1971 Mercedes-Benz 280SL above is a little more reasonably priced at $52,000 and would look very chic driving around Southampton.

The baby blue 1969 Mercedes-Benz 280SL Roadster is the most to die for convertible on the site but it's unfortunately a manual. I can barely drive an automatic so manual is definitely out of the question which is a shame since it looks like something Grace Kelly would drive around in with Cary Grant.

Of course, Ms. Kelly was driving her convertible on a sound stage which accounts for the perfect hair. I'm sure I would have to securely wrap a scarf around my head or risk ending up looking like Bridget Jones after her ride! Maybe, I should buy the scarf now since that I can afford and start saving up for the car or I could always start praying like Janis Joplin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment