Home » , » Shhh...we're eating!

Shhh...we're eating!

I had already been working on a post about library dining rooms before I spoke to Dick Bories and James Shearron of Bories and Shearron about the room I posted yesterday which was perfect timing! They mentioned that combining the library and dining room was more of a European tradition but it looks like it's starting to catch on here in American from these examples. I think it's a great idea for New York apartments since space is at a premium and most people do not sit down to eat their dining rooms except on holidays. I know that I would love to not only have that much room for books but a table to spread them out on to work and some of these rooms look they also serve as an office. And as one of my readers pointed out in a comment, how lovely would it be at a dinner party if someone pulled a book off a shelf when the conversation turned literary. I guess you just have to make sure you don't spill anything on them!

James Andrew Design

Carolina Irving Apartment

Eliza Redd Bolen via Peak of Chic

Miles Redd in House Beautiful

Bagley Mischka in Elle Decor

Nathan Turner in Domino

Diane von Furstenberg

Nate Berkus in Elle Decor

Tim Clarke

Ryan Korban

Jonathan Adler in Domino

Peter Dunham in Domino

Alberto Pinto

Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment