Home » » Window Shopping at the Winter Antiques Show

Window Shopping at the Winter Antiques Show

The Young Collector's Night at the Winter Antiques Show is more about socializing than checking out the booths so I went back on Saturday to really explore the show. Even if you can't afford anything, I highly recommend that you attend events such as this because it's a great environment to educate yourself and your eye. So many of the antiquarians were eager to talk more about a particular artist or piece and I learned so much. Also, a lot people can be intimidated by very high end antique shops but a show allows you to roam around without feeling out of place.

I was especially impressed by Michael Berna of Macklowe Gallery who took the time to explain why a particular citrine ring was a perfect example of 1940's design. I wish I could have afforded that one and a French ring from A La Vieille Russie that was from the 1960's. The colored stones reminded me of the colors that Stefano Pilati uses at YSL now.

I was also inspired by all the flame stitch embroideries that I noticed. Of course, the pattern reminds one of Missoni but it was the color combinations that made me think they would make wonderful color palettes for a room. You never know where inspiration may strike so get out there! You may also learn something too!









0 comments:

Post a Comment