Home » , , , » Favorite Things: Resort

Favorite Things: Resort

I skipped my winter Favorite Things post because it was all just too depressing to think about and by this point, I am ready to burn all my winter clothes so why not focus on resort. Besides, I'll need something to wear in St. Barths and I like to plan my outfits in advance, even if they are just for my fantasy getaway!

I am usually not a fan of pink. I think it's something to do with living in the city or growing up in a Peptol Bismol pink bedroom. But I make an exception for pink when it comes to vacations at the beach. It also looks good with a tan and although the color in the Milly Ikat Dress above is a little more mauve, it still fits my theme perfectly. I tried this dress on at Saks last week just for fun but I may have to go back and buy it. I just love the way it fits and it's flirty and fun without being too frou frou.

When I first saw these sandals on the J. Crew website, I was hoping they came in another color but now I realize the pink would be perfect compliment for my getaway wardrobe. And you know that I never never met a pair of gold shoes I didn't like so the gold straps definitely had me at hello!

Everyone knows that you can't go away without a great manicure and pedicure. I've already switched out my dark polish for Essie Potato Fields. It's the most perfect neutral color and also looks great layered over Adore-A-Ball if you need a little more coverage.

You need something to wear on the plane and I will probably wear one of my J. Crew Tissue Camp Shirts with the white jeans below. You can leave the sleeve down while traveling and then roll them up when you get to your destination. If you get chilly, you can always throw a cardigan over it. (Oh, and the orange one is already on sale!)

I love white jeans. I don't care if they make my butt look big or need constant washing since they get so dirty. They are just so easy to throw on and go easily from day to night. It's best not to spend too much money on them since they do have a tendency to attract dirt. I actually found a pair on sale for $10 at a J. Crew store recently but this pair is not too bad at $98. Now if I just had legs that long, I'd be all set.

I know most of the things I'm packing are from J. Crew but it really is one stop shopping there and everyone knows they have great swim suits so I had to post one from them as well. I usually stock up on them during the end of season sale but there is something about this new Italian Jersey bikini that I love. I think the Earth color is the perfect foil for all the pink and would also look fabulous with a white little cover up. I think I am going to give up carbs forever after looking at her body in it. Sigh. Let's move on shall we.

I tend to buy certain accessories that I know I will be able to wear forever so I don't really need a new pair of sunglasses. My Tom Ford gold Angelica's are still going strong but if I did need new sunglasses, then these Ray Ban aviators would be perfect. They are a classic and could also be worn forever and also won't break the bank.

I bought this Lambertson Truex beach bag very on sale at the end of last summer at Bergdorf Goodman so I'll be taking it along but you can find great bags at the Gap and even Target. The tote bag from the Gap that I wanted to post isn't online yet but it's been featured in all the magazines. It would be perfect so I'll keep checking for it.

There isn't much new fiction on my must read list but I've been hearing good things about Gilding Lily by Tatiana Boncompagni so I am looking forward to reading it. You definitely need a fun read for the beach so don't even think you're going to make it through War and Peace while you're on vacation. Trust me. It's been tried before and it never goes well. Just pick up the chick lit and throw it in your bag. You'll thank me later.

And don't forget your sunscreen! La Roche-Posay make the best although you may want to bring some Hawaiian Tropic along just for the coconut smell. Or you could just order a few Pina Coladas. Bon Voyage!

0 comments:

Post a Comment