Home » , » Bachelorette Pad Update

Bachelorette Pad Update

Everyone has been asking me about the Bachelorette Pad lately so I guess it's time for an update. I don't have any new photos but the blue and white Asian pottery in this painting by James McNeill Whistler will make sense in a minute.

I met the Bachelorette at Balthazar breakfast Saturday morning where there was so sign of a recession in sight! The place was packed at 10am so we ended up sitting at the bar where I spied John Derian also enjoying a petit déjeuner. Usually I'm not even out of bed that early on a Saturday! Actually that's not true, I'm usually awake but most likely sitting on my sofa in my nightgown watching E News or something else equally trashy. So I was surprised that so many other people were up and out so early. Hopefully, they were on their way to Fashion Week!

After breakfast we hit all the shops in Soho and got lucky at Penine Hart Antiques where we found a perfect gilt mirror for the entry for about $250! It will relate perfectly to the antique gilt nesting tables in the living room and has a beautiful patina. The shop is full of great finds and reminds me of the type of place you would stumble upon down a side street in Europe. I can't wait to go back again soon since the stock is constantly replenished.

We also stopped by one of my favorite stores in New York, Pearl River, to pick up blue and white Asian pottery (hence the painting above). We picked out a range of sizes and shapes for above the kitchen cabinets and also a new umbrella stand and a few random bowls for around the apartment. I'm still looking for a cheaper painter to paint the kitchen in Benjamin Moore Soot so if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

The lamps for the bedroom arrived and we bought a new floor lamp but I'm still looking for the perfect vintage lamps for the living room. We also need to finalize the last artwork placement and accessorize the apartment but it's really coming together. Stay tuned for the final reveal!


Painting by James McNeill Whitler, Purple and Rose: the Lange Leizen of the Six Marks, 1864. At the Guggenheim Museum exhibit, The Third Mind, through April 19, 2009.

0 comments:

Post a Comment