Home » » It's Raining Men

It's Raining Men

Since I mentioned yesterday that American Vogue has been boring me lately, I thought I would take a moment to extol the virtues of another baby in the Vogue family, Men's Vogue.

I absolutely adore this magazine! Slim Aarons once said that he made a career out of "photographing attractive people doing attractive things in attractive places." Well, I would describe Men's Vogue as attractive, intelligent, artistic, interesting, adventurous men doing attractive, intelligent, artistic, interesting, adventurous things in attractive, intelligent, artistic, interesting, adventurous places.

Men's Vogue is devoted to covering the best in the arts, design, politics, food, wine, clothes, collecting and culture. It's intelligent and thoughtful and should appeal to women as much as it does men. I know I find myself learning something new every time I read it!

I was also excited to come across an article about the new gallery Friedman Benda that is set to open next month since I have a friend who is about to start working there. Pictured above are owners Marc Benda and Barry Friedman with Ron Arad's Oh-Void 1 chair. The gallery will be showing cutting edge things in architectural furniture and Chinese avant-guard art. Quite a combination if you ask me. According to Benda, there is no difference between something on a canvas and something sitting on the floor and that someone like Ron Arad deserves to be exhibited beside all major sculptures. Their first show will be a new collection by 90-year old Ettore Sottsass.

Men's Vogue gives me hope that there are still attractive, intelligent, artistic, interesting and adventurous men out there and so I read it in case I finally meet one of them. That way, we'll have something interesting to talk about!

0 comments:

Post a Comment