Home » » Breaking the Rules is Chic!

Breaking the Rules is Chic!

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about lamps outside a house but I love this photo! There is something so surreal about it. Sometimes, you don't have to love a design to appreciate it or the photographer who took a great photo.

This photo by Matthew Hranek is of the Hamptons house of interior designer Kelly Behun of Behun / Ziff and is part of the Break the Rules September issue of House & Garden. I would think using living room style floor lamps outside would definitely be considered breaking the rules. I wonder how many people do a double-take when they drive by!

Kelly got her start working for Ian Schrager's design team and I can see how that would influence her designs. There was a profile of her apartment in New York Magazine a few years back that's definitely worth checking out. Who knew breaking the rules could be so chic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment