Melbourne Magic!

I can't believe it was a year ago that I met Melbourne interior designer and showroom owner Diane Bergeron. It seems like just yesterday that Michelle Adams of Rubie Green and I were laughing at her stories on David Hoey and Julius Vingerelli's amazing roof terrace. Michelle was lucky enough to stay with Diane in her beautiful home while visiting Australia recently but the rest of us can drool over it in the September issue of Australian Vogue Living!

Diane and her family moved to her husband's native Australia five years ago from New York and since then she's made quite a name for herself by not only continuing her interior design career but also bringing many fabulous fabrics and firms with her. She is the agent to Lulu DK, Carolina Irving and Michelle Adams's line, Rubie Green, as well as Madaline Weinrib. When I had a reader from Australia email me about finding a carpet that could be shipped to Australia, I referred her to Diane who I knew could help her!

Diane and her family actually live in a warehouse in Melbourne that also houses her showroom. You'll notice the abundant use of color is contained to the upholstery, accessories and light fixtures while the white walls serve as a blank canvas.

I think my favorite part of her home are the green light fixtures that pick up the green of the Peter Dunham fig leaf fabric above!

This is the cute little guest room that Michelle Adams stayed in during her visit. I love how the black accents pop against the blue seagrass wallpaper!

In her daughter Anna's narrow room, the bed also acts as a sofa. I especially love the contrasting red welting on the coverlet and trim on the draperies! I was thinking of suggesting a red welting on the bachelorette's custom blue upholstered entry bench and now I have a great concept to show her! The pillows are in "East Village" fabric by Rubie Green.

The bathrooms custom vanity was made by Industria and I love that you don't have to go far to find a hand towel!

I love orange so needless to say, this is my favorite room in Diane's home! Paradise Background from Quadrille is used on the shade, headboard and pillows and coordinates perfectly with the Madeline Weinrib are rug! The fabric behind the bed hides a brick wall.

Diane's love of color extends to her wardrobe! Here she is in her showroom/office space. The black and white fabric behind her is part of her new line called DB Home.

You've probably seen Diane's famous inspiration board before on other blogs! It's famous!

You can see in this view how many great patterned fabrics Diane represents! Also in the September issue of Australian Vogue Living is a look inside interior designer and blogger Anna Spiro's home. Since they are so far away, I'm grateful to them both for opening their beautiful homes for all of to admire! Kind of makes me want to move to Australia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment