Home » , , » Valentino and Vanity Fair

Valentino and Vanity Fair

I considered boycotting the August 2010 issue of Vanity Fair since Angelina Jolie was on the cover. (I am on Team Aniston mainly because of her hair.) I'm glad that though I didn't because it was chock full of great design stories including Bunny Mellon's Secret Garden, Architecture in the Age of Gehry, and my favorite, Valentino's New York Revival. If you watched Valentino: The Last Emperor, you saw a glimpse of his Fifth Avenue pied-à-terre but it was a bit dated to say the least. He called his designer on speed dial, Jacques Grange, to "make something more light, and more for my art collection." Now the Basquiat, de Kooning, Prince, Warhol, and Lichtenstein pop off of the white lacquered walls. Looks like retirement is suiting Valentino and his apartment very well!






Photos by Jonathan Becker

0 comments:

Post a Comment