Oscar Wrap Up

Last year, I think I went to bed before the Oscars were even over but this year I stayed up to the bitter end to catch all the highlights. It was a pretty disappointing red carpet with not many contenders for best dressed but my vote goes to Cameron Diaz who looked amazing in Oscar de la Renta! The biggest red carpet blunder was letting Kathy Ireland interview the stars for ABC. I think we can all agree that she should never be allowed to do that again. I'm also not sure that two hosts worked so I vote for Tina Fey as hostess for next year's show. They can also cut out the modern dance numbers and bring back the best song performers. But that's just my two cents. What did you think?

Demi Moore in Versace Atelier looked lovely and was the only one to navigate the stair gracefully. They should also get rid of the stairs. There is nothing better than seeing the ladies glide across the stage like Ginger Rogers.

Sandra Bullock's gold Marchesa gown matched the gold Oscar that she won for Best Actress later in the evening.

Julianne Moore didn't walk the red carpet but her Calvin Klein was one of the most beautiful dresses of the evening. I also liked that her hair is a little more looser than Sandra's.

I liked Sarah Jessica Parker's Chanel Haute Couture dress but the hair was a little too big. I didn't mind the look which was channeling Faye Dunaway in The Thomas Crown Affair but the front should have been smoother.

Kate Winslet can do no wrong and looked beautiful in YSL but I'd love to see her in some other designers.

Katherine Bigelow was the belle of the ball last night and won for Best Director and Best Film.

Every older woman should look to Helen Mirren for advice on how to dress age appropriately. I thought she looked beyond beautiful in Badgley Mischka.

I liked Elizabeth Banks in Versace but thought her hair could have been a little bigger to balance out the ruffles of the dress.

A lot of people loved Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab but I'm a little on the fence about this one.

Oprah Winfrey looked amazing in Carolina Herrera and her hair was perfection.

Gabourey Sidibe was beautiful in blue Marchesa. All the ladies of Precious wore blue as a nod to Hattie McDaniel who wore blue when she won her Oscar in 1940.

Mo'Nique was also beautiful in blue and added the Gardenia as another nod to Hattie McDaniel but a lot of people wished she had left it off. Since she's an Oscar winner for Best Supporting Actress, I think she's allowed do whatever she wants!

Jeff Bridges was the big winner for Best Actor but his wife, Susan Geston, was the winner of best jewelry for the stunning turquoise earrings and bracelet!

Colin Firth didn't win but he still looks dapper in his bespoke Tom Ford suit and his wife, Livia Giuggioli, looked lovely too!

And last but not least, Tom Ford wearing Tom Ford gets my vote for best dressed man. Although, Sam Worthington was a close second. I couldn't find a photo of him but those glasses made me swoon. Sam, if you tire of your girlfriend, call me!
Photos from Style.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment