Home » » An Eventful Evening

An Eventful Evening

It's funny how a night of no plans can quickly turn into a fun and eventful evening. I ended up attended a book signing for Park Avenue Potluck at the Leila Taghinia-Milani Heller Gallery on 72nd Street. Quite a few of the socialites were in attendance including Coco Kopelmann in her Chanel finery, Jamee Gregory in the most amazing white fur coat I have ever seen, as well as Muffy Potter Aston and Rachel Hovnanian, who I recently learned is a wonderful artist. She and her art were profiled in the November issue of Elle Decor.

Park Avenue Potluck is a fun book of recipes from "New York's Savviest Hostesses" and benefits The Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and has been so well received that it's already in it's second printing! I still think it's funny that a cookbook by society ladies would feature something so fattening looking on the cover when everyone knows socialites don't eat! Anyway, I was feeling so in the giving mood last night that I actually bought a copy at full price! I also sampled one of the best recipes in the book, Millionaire Turtles by Karen May who were graciously made for the evening by Tate's Bake Shop, my favorite place in Southampton! They even have their own cookbook so why not pick up both!

The Leila Taghinia-Milani Heller Gallery (that's a mouthful!), the event location, happened to be having a wonderful exhibition of work by emerging artist Martin Saar called Bubbles, Bodies and Bond. Martin was sweet enough to chat with us about his work and agreed to a studio visit and profile after he returns from Art Basel. So many people keep asking me if I'm going to be in Miami for Art Basel, I'm beginning to think I am the only person in New York not going!

Wednesday evening is the reason I love New York. You never know where you might end up or who you might meet. And if you don't live in New York, you can still cook like a chic New Yorker by picking up a copy of Park Avenue Potluck. It really is a great book for a great cause!

0 comments:

Post a Comment