Sweet Nothings




















  If you follow me on Twitter, then you probably know that I have recently cut sugar out of my life.  I knew I had a problem but wasn't sure how to deal with it until I read Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Newsletter last week entitled Overcoming Sugar Addiction.  It was exactly the plan of attack that I needed to make a change.  What's funny is that I actually eat very healthy.  I don't eat anything processed, I eat red meat maybe twice a month, I drink in moderation, I don't smoke, or do drugs.  But I would have no problem eating a bag of peanut M&M's in the afternoon or a treat from Billy's Bakery every time I left my client's apartment.  One of the facts I learned from Goop is that sugar is actually more addictive than cocaine which was a serious wake up call.  It can also lead to a myriad of other health problems.  It's been four days so far and I have to say that feel great!  I've followed all the advice in the article including exercising more, taking vitamins and L-Glutamine, drinking more water, and generally taking time for myself.  I decided not to wait to January 1st to make new resolutions and I hope this helps me get through the holiday season without over indulging.  I also recognize that I will probably eat sugar again but I'd much rather enjoy it while sharing a wonderful dessert after a good meal with friends than eating it alone because I've had a bad day.  Here's to new beginnings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment