Home » , » Fall Favorite: Apple Crisp

Fall Favorite: Apple Crisp

One of my favorite things about fall besides cozy rooms and beautiful folliage is apple season.  I don't think I've ever met an apple dessert that I didn't like and this family recipe for apple crisp is my all time favorite.  I have a feeling that once you try it, it will be your favorite too!

Apple Crisp
4 cups sliced tart apples (about 4 medium - I use Granny Smith)
2/3 to 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (I use 3/4 cup)
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup butter softened

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange sliced apples in greased 8" x 8" square pan.  Mix dry ingredients and then add softened butter to create topping.  Sprinkle evenly over apples.  Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender.  Serve warm with ice cream. 

Photo by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

0 comments:

Post a Comment